Sunday 22 September 2013

Falling for Nail Art, Day 1 Back to School

Hello polish lovers!

I have been up since 4:30 a.m. so this is going to be a shorter post.  Today is the first say of Plump and Polished's Falling for Nail Art Challenge which can be found here and today's theme is Back to School.  I will say that I already had a history themed manicure done and photographed, but when I looked at the photos the difference between the base colour and my stamping colour was too close for the camera to get a good image, although you could see it in real life, so I decided to redo my mani today.  I decided to start with some bright primary colours, I guess that is the primary teacher in me.

Red, yellow, green, blue primary colours, natural light
The red is Sinful Colours GoGo Girl, very jelly, needs 3 coats.  The yellow is Barielle Lemondrop, very nice primary yellow, 2 coats over OPI's Alpine Snow.  The green is China Glaze In the Lime Light, bad formula, requires 3 coats over white to be opaque and not streaky.  Last but not least is Color Club Bright Night, good formula 2 coats to be opaque.  I covered this in a coat of SV and let dry before I stamped.

Stamping, natural light
I used two Bundle Monster stamps for my images, BMH23 and BM311, I love the science-y feel of BMH23, and the numbers from 311 are great as well.  The white is Konad Special Polish and the black is Wet n' Wild's Black Creme(which I left open for a few days to thicken and now makes a great stamping polish).

I hope you enjoyed my first nail challenge, come back tomorrow to see my first mani for The Crumpet's 33DC2013.

Until then, polish happy!

2 comments:

  1. I love them! I have a ton of stamps and don't have any like this. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been impressed with the Bundle Monster plates. They have a new set coming out as well.

      Delete