Sunday 20 October 2013

Falling for Nail Art: Creepy Crawlers

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my Creepy Crawlers mani from the Falling for Nail Art Challenge.  There are certain bugs the, forgive me, really bug me and give me the shivers.  I decided to portray a few of these in today's mani.

I started with 2 coats of Essie's Bordeaux, the same polish I used for the blood in my Blood mani but now you can see what it looks like over the whole nail.


In the photo you can see a slight VNL but this was not noticeable in real life.  Over this intense red cream I free handed a number of creepy crawly bugs.


Nothing creeps me out more than things that have more legs than are absolutely necessary to get around with(except for the wacky wavy inflatable flailing tube man, that thing is just wrong).  The one of these critters that gets me the most is the millipede, no one needs that many legs.  On my accent finger I used Essie's No Place Like Chrome, a favourite for stamping, using Bundle Monster's BMH07 plate.  I used Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris and Nubar's Black striper for the freehand work.

In slight shade

This shot gives you a better idea of what the web looks like, I love how the chrome stands out against the crimson.

That's all for today but I will be back tomorrow with my next mani for the 33DC, Chinese.

Until then, polish happy!

1 comment: