Wednesday 6 November 2013

Falling for Nail Art Challenge: Spiced Up

Hello polish lovers!

I am back with my Falling for Nail Art Challenge for today's theme of Spiced Up.  I got a little stymied on this mani so I decided to use spicy colours and try my second attempt at a tape mani.  This time I used Scotch tape instead of striping tape and didn't apply the tape until later in the day after wearing the base colour on its own.


My base for this mani is 2 coats of OPI's Bogota Blackberry, a gorgeous cranberry colour.  Once this was totally dry I cut pieces of Scotch tape in a variety of sizes for the parts I wanted to keep cranberry.


The yellow stripe I did first is Barielle Shades Lemondrops, the orange is Essie's Fear or Desire, and the red is China Glaze's Roguish Red.  This mani went way better than my first tape mani(that was a disaster).


I love how bright and spicy these colours are.  This photo is a little more colour accurate but my camera had problems trying to get the colours properly.

That's all for today, but I will be back on Friday(if not before).

Until then, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment