Wednesday 5 February 2014

Nail Art A-Go-Go, Day 5, Contrast

Hello polish lovers!

Quick Day 5 challenge post, this was a bit of a fail for me.  I was trying a polish that I haven't used with stamping before...and don't think I will again.

I started with a base for 3 coats of Ciate Loop the Loop, very streaky, non-self-leveling, but a pretty butter-cream colour.


So the colour that I went with for the stamping is Sephora by OPI in Caffeine Fix, looks brown in the bottle but a thin coat shows purple.  That is what I was hoping for when I stamped.  I used MASH plates 38 and 50 for this design.  I wanted both the colours and the images to contrast, unfortunately Caffeine Fix didn't stamp cleanly and also smudged when I top coated, which I very seldom have happen, but does occasionally occur.


Disappointing, definitely, but stamping is a learning process.  It stamped decently well on the thin lines of the plants, so that is something to keep in mind.

Anyway, that is all for today, I will be back tomorrow with my Day 6 mani, Neon.

Until then, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment