Monday 21 April 2014

NPC Day 7: Drugstore Untried

Hello polish lovers!

Today's prompt in the challenge is using a drugstore untried.  I decided to use three.  I started with a base of 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coin Flip, a copper foil finish.



I am trying a new position so that I can show more polish detail.  Also you will notice this is my swatching hand again.  My broken middle finger nail has, although still broken, and held together with Super Glue, grown out enough that I cut down the other nails so they are almost the same length.  That weird bit on the side is the glue holding the split together,  I need to file it down more.

Once Coin Flip had completely dried I got out the Scotch tape and cut triangles to section off the nail.  The triangles that remained I filled with Mint Sorbet, a minty green creme, and Strobe Light, a pink and holographic micro glitter.


Strobe Light is not really showing well, except as the flash of sparkle.  Next time I will definitely use it with a creme to make it stand out more.  I was really impressed with the formulas on all the polishes used.  They were all Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.  I am usually impressed with the Sally Hansen brand.  I can't believe I left them untried for so long.

That is all for today but I will be back on Wednesday with my Day 8, Boutique Untried...I really shouldn't have any but have more than I thought.

Until then, polish happy!

1 comment: