Monday 7 April 2014

The Neverending Pile, Day 1: Glitter

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my first post in the new Challenge I am participating in, called The Neverending Pile Challenge (NPC), which means I need to get into posting more frequently(every Monday, Wednesday and Friday).  It also means my untried pile will finally shrink. Today's prompt is Glitter.

I am not a huge glitter fan, so most of what I have I either bought because I loved it, came as part of a set, or my mother bought them for me.  The one that I chose is one that I got as part of a set.  This is Color Club's Savoy Nights.


Savoy Nights has a thick base that is lightly tinted blue but is totally translucent with tonnes and tonnes of micro and medium silver hex glitter.  Please excuse my messed up pinky, it smudged before I took my first photo.  It took 3 coats to be opaque...it might be better if I did a base first, because the first coat when the glitter was scattered actually looked pretty.

I can see why this was an untried, it is not a win, it looks too messy and all the medium hex glitter seems to have curled.  This may be one that I give to my niece, now that I have tried it.

That is all for today, but I will be back on Wednesday with the next prompt, which is pastel.

Until then, polish happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment